In 2013, after three years of The Latin Programme, 100% of students left primary school with at least a Level 4 in English.
By the end of just one year of The Latin Programme pupils of all levels come to understand sophisticated grammatical structures, their meanings, and patterns that are repeated across several languages. When students learn Latin, they focus on two basic aspects: reading and writing. Latin requires them to account for everything, which in turn requires them to account for everything in English.
Here is a sample of the feedback we’ve received and our student’s results The Latin Programme:
- 100% of the headteachers stated that they consider The Latin Programme an “excellent” addition to their curriculum
- 100% class teachers thought the lessons were accessible to all levels of classes with mixed abilities
- 100% class teachers rated the quality of teacher/student engagement as excellent
- 100% class teachers rated the Latin programme as “excellent”
- 85% of parents with children in the Programme said their child’s confidence had improved over the year
- 71% of pupils in the Programme found that it helped them achieve better results in literacy
- 100% of Year 6 students who had 3 years of Latin instruction with The Latin Programme attained at least a Level 4 in Reading
“Pupils learn Latin with a real sense of excitement, because tasks are challenging and the teacher engages all pupils, ensuring that they are alert and responsive throughout the lesson. In such lessons, pupils make faster progress.”
— OFSTED report (2009/2010 St Mary’s Church of England)