(Part-Time, 1.5 days per week)
Starting January or February 2018
Salary: £28-32,000 Pro Rata, Dependent on Experience
The Latin Programme is a small educational charity working in London state schools (Primary Key Stage 2) to promote literacy through the study of Latin. We are known for our innovative programme, unusual methods and proven results. We use songs, games, kinaesthetic techniques and storytelling to bring Latin and language learning to life. We are a young innovative charity that embraces a social enterprise model and functions more like start-up. Creativity is an essential part of what we do.
We are looking to recruit a new part-time teacher to join our team. Our teachers work across the whole of Key Stage 2 (children aged 7-11years) visiting schools in London once a week to deliver the Programme as part of the school curriculum. There is a great deal of scope to become a key member of a small team that thrives on new approaches to literacy and language-learning.
We are looking for:
- A graduate with teaching experience and excellent grasp of English literacy or Modern Foreign Languages (Prior study of Latin is fantastic but it is not an essential requirement)
- A creative and open-minded thinker
- Someone who can excite and inspire young learners while managing a classroom
- Someone who enjoys working independently and also can contribute in a team setting
- Someone who is responsive and responsible
- A commitment of at least a year.
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons (using our existing resources and lesson plans)
- Teaching, according to the educational needs of the pupils
- Managing classroom behaviour to ensure an environment conducive to learning
- Registering the attendance of and supervising pupils
- Engaging and motivating students in the classroom
- Recording pupil data and supplying this to The Latin Programme when required.
- Liaising with Lead Teachers in each school and contributing to the whole school environment.
- Contributing ideas and overseeing small projects related to teaching together with our team of teachers.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 4th December 2017
If you’re interested and think you’d thrive in this role, please send us your CV and Covering Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org